Sunday, January 11, 2009

The new SC Duck Stamp has begun!

Last school year, Marshall attained first place in the South Carolina Jr. Duck Stamp art competition!



Work has now begun on the new picture for this school year. This year, he will compete with a more advanced age group. This group is 4th grade-6th grade, it is a hard group to place. I have a few pictures taken over several weeks to show the progress. I will try and catch him during class to capture more pictures of the work in progress.





This is the rough draft pencil sketch. They look for a picture in a magazine that they like and begin to sketch using a pencil.




You can see the progress! After much sketching and re-sketching and erasing, it is starting to look a little better. I am amazed at what a 9yr old can do! He has an extremely talented art teacher, her guidance is very evident in his work!



I know that this is my son, but I think he has some talent! It is looking much better now. He is feeling better about it now. He said he has lots of work to do on the feathers. I will try and keep you posted on the progress!

No comments:

Post a Comment